Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Garlic Buttery Beans

I am NOT a fan of green or yellow beans.


Not at all. Whatsoever. I'd rather eat dryer lint.


Or so I thought. Enter Daddy Lego!


We were at our local heaven, Farm Boy, picking up some ingredients for dinner. We were stuck on the veggie sidedish - do we go with something comfy and familiar, or something different? I desperately wanted something different .. And knowing the many health benefits of fresh beans, I decided to take one for the team and have them with dinner. Just because I don't like beans, doesn't mean my family can't have them, right?!


So Daddy Lego taught me how to pick the freshest beans and back home we went with our big bag o' beans and a pit of dread in my stomach.


He snapped the ends off and steamed them for a few minutes (just enough to lightly soften them, not cook them through). Then he sautéed them in roasted garlic and light butter, threw on a tiny dash of sea salt, and they were ready.
They're reaaaaaady!


He served me my steaming pile of beans on the side of our cannelloni, and being "healthy lifestyle" trained, I started in on the veggies first (plus, it was a great way to get those things off my plate!!).


I, Mama Lego, hereby declare ... That I absolutely loved the beans.


You heard it here first, folks.
Mmmmm


They were still lightly crunchy, a tiny bit salty, and just delicious. I was actually upset that we didn't have more.


It makes me rethink some of the other foods I came to dislike over my life ... Maybe I should give liver another shot?


Pfffffft not gonna happen! I'll stick with the beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment