Monday, April 22, 2013

This Past Month, In Pictures ..!

Hi guys!

Wow, it's been a while since I've opened my blogger app to write (type?) my thoughts.

I've just been having too many thoughts! Where do I start?!

This past month has been a whirlwind of life-changing decisions, all in the name of keeping a smile on my face. Remember how I told you all about my life rut? I'm working on digging myself out of it .. One step, one day, one decision at a time. I'll share them with you, soon. Until then, I thought I'd share some pictures with you that can describe my activities this past month.

Our Easter bunnies!
Team Lego has been focused on getting our healthy eating back on track. We've been creating things like ...

Strawberry - Marshmallow Pudding Pie (light!)
Better than diet coke: lemon-lime ice water

Homemade Mexican turkey burgers with lots o' guac, and a homemade spicy bean and corn salad

Roast beef, light swiss, light mayo made w/ olive oil, lots of baby spinach and tomatoes

Cobb salad with honey-mustard dressing and baked popcorn chicken pieces

We've also welcomed Spring with open arms and have been getting outside at every opportunity. Running season is HERE!!


The kids, hubby and I all ran for Boston

My sweeties, coming home from a family walk


Daughter Lego is all about enjoying the sunshine (and not being strapped down in a stroller!)


Running free on our favorite path

My boys being silly

I've also been very busy (stressed!!) trying to determine my career path (what school, what program, two years or four, nutrition or nursing, 4U or 4C?!)

College or University?!

Still on the hunt for a new job .. Finding a new job is a job in itself. SO many resumes, applications, and hours spent searching online. Something will come up. 





And I've been happily trucking away on my biology course. I absolutely adore what I'm learning. Everything is so interesting and fascinating! And there's a LOT of it to learn!

Good grades make me smiley

So that was a quick recap of my past month. How are you all doing? Are you enjoying the Spring weather? (notice how I'm choosing to ignore the snow we got?!) I"ll be back to blogging more often! :) Looking forward to keeping up with you! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. That cobb salad looks so yummy!! As for your career path. Nursing you will always have a job and there are some many places you can work. As for RN and RPN. It depends on what your interested in. I am hopefully (crossing my fingers) getting into the program in January. RPN is a bit more hands on and more patient care and it appeals to me to have a career in two years. RPN works more with stable patient where RN can also treat critical patients as well. You might know this already but I thought I would just throw it out there lol I am sure whatever decision you make will be the right one for you! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Joy! It's been tough narrowing down my career path. I need to decide if nursing the career I want, first .. I'm so undecided! There's a pre-health sciences program I'm looking into at Algonquin that serves as an introduction to numerous medical careers .. I'm looking to take it next year :) Maybe it'll help me make up my mind!

      Delete