Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mushroom Alfredo Over Spinach Linguine

I'm a very fussy Alfredo eater.


In all honesty, I find the "basic" Alfredo (cream, Parmesan, garlic, roux) to be good, yes - but I also find that after a couple of bites, I get bored of the taste. There just isn't enough flavor to keep me interested.


So I've been experimenting for a while with making healthy mushroom Alfredos and I finally nailed down a light recipe that pleased my taste buds ... And then some!

Hopefully you'll enjoy the recipe as much as Team Lego did!!

I take so much pride in this because the recipe was all mine!
You'll need:

- One can of low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- One can of partly-skimmed evaporated milk
- Four pieces of light laughing cow cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1.5 cups of broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper to taste


Simmer, simmer, simmer!

Whisk together the mushroom soup, evaporated milk, cheese and garlic over medium heat, just until your cheese has melted into the sauce. Reduce the heat to low, and add your mushrooms. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes (check on it often to stir it so the bottom doesn't burn) and then throw in your broccoli. Keep simmering on low until the broccoli is tender. Add the salt and pepper (to your preference) and ta da!! Finished!

We served one cup of sauce over one cup of spinach linguine and tossed in a chicken breast .. And we couldn't even finish it, we were SO full .. But we really wanted to finish it because it was so delicious!!


Just because the dish is loaded with veggies, doesn't mean you can't have more on the side! And yep, there's my trusty lemon water bottle!

And here's the awesome part: One cup of this Alfredo sauce = only five points!! WAY lower than any restaurant or store-bought, full-fat Alfredo!

Enjoy! :)

1 comment: