Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pizza bites a la zucchini!



I came across this gem of a recipe on Skinnytaste and thought it was too good to be true. I am obsessed with pizza and I LOVE zucchini with a passion so this recipe was a must try!


Here is a link to the original recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/zucchini-pizza-bites.html


As always, I used the recipe as a base and adapted it from there to make it my own. I sprayed on the e.v.o.o. and then broiled the zucchini for two minutes on each side. I used my own homemade tomato sauce and added milled flax seed to it (I'll put flax into just about anything!), and also used one slice of turkey pepperoni on each zucchini. Then a sprinkle of my beloved Kraft light tex mex cheese mix and into the oven they went for another two minutes of broiling.


They came out of the oven with the same scents and golden cheesy glow that one would expect from a pizza - and they tasted incredible!! And at only half a point each, you can go for seconds (or thirds) without fear of them showing up on your hips and thighs the next day! :)


 http://www.skinnytaste.com/ for the win!


ps. I apologize for the crappy picture .. I was too excited to eat them to bother with a fancy photo! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment